NRLC Pro-Life Essay Contest
2013 Essay Contest Winners
Junior High Contest Winners
Azalea Horton (Minnesota)
Julia Smith (Pennsylvania)
Nicholas Wilkinson (Virginia)
Senior High Contest Winners
Abigail Reimel (North Carolina)
Elizabeth Cuthbertson (Michigan)
Emily Jeanne Magnifico (Massachusetts)
Megan Harper (Texas)
2013 Pro-Life Essay Contest Information
Senior High Essay Contest: Grades 10-12
Junior High Essay Contest: Grades 7-9
Essays should address this question:
Why I am pro-life.
Please follow these guidelines.
1. Essays should be submitted between December 17, 2012 and January 18, 2013. Essays must be postmarked by January 18, 2013.
2. Essays may be submitted to: Michelle Fischbach, 416 Burr Street, Paynesville, MN 56362
3. Essays must be double spaced and pages numbered.
4. Essays shall be 300 - 500 words in length.
5. If typed, use no smaller than 12 Pt font.
6. Use a cover sheet that includes; full name, full address, phone number, grade level, student date of birth, parent's name and word count.
7. By submitting an entry the contestant and parent agree:
A. to allow National Right to Life to reprint the winning essay, and
B. that the essay is original, but not copyrighted.
8. Cite any sources used.
9. Please do not include artwork, pictures or plastic covers.
10. Please mail the essays, electronic submissions will only be accepted under special circumstances.
Essays will be read and judged on originality, content, and accuracy. Each judge will rank essays #1 - #5. Essays ranked number 1, in a randomly selected group, will move to the second round. Essays may be grouped by region (West, Midwestern, Southern, and East) depending on the number of entries. The announcements will be made as soon as possible but judging time depends on the numbers of entries received.
For more information please email Michelle Fischbach at email@example.com, or visit the Student Center section of the NRLC website